There's a pig in the desert

15 replies to this topic
  • Suikerland

Posted October 17, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Posted a video of another ride... this time I was with my buddy who has about 10 years more experience than me, he rides a KTM 950 SE as if it's a 450.
Took me into some very technical dunes, I was a bit out of my depth - dropped my XR650 a few times, came home minus a mirror and minus 2 front indicators. Learning experience...

Previous video (i think better quality) is at

That time was with a KTM 640, the KTM 950 and another 525. A lot of orange...

• D1k

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:14 PM

Awesome vid and music. Really felt like I was riding along !!

Made me feel real good as it is dark and cold in Northern Ontario, Canada. :crazy:

Cheers fellow XR rider!!

• ryontd

Posted October 17, 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hey Man,

Great Video, Great Music, Great Verse at the End! Quality:applause:

• elrontx

Posted October 17, 2007 - 08:39 PM

great video that looked like a perfect day. good song to i got that cd.

• ryontd

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:37 AM

BTW-
What CD is that from?

• martinfan30

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:46 AM

once again, another very cool vid.!

looks like great riding.:crazy:

• elrontx

Posted October 18, 2007 - 09:45 AM

BTW-
What CD is that from?

the group is called faithless. i think its their 2nd album look in the dancemusic section in any record store you'll find it.

• Suikerland

Posted October 18, 2007 - 11:13 AM

BTW-
What CD is that from?

don't know the CD but the song is called One Step Too Far which kind of described the ride...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • loufish

Posted October 18, 2007 - 02:32 PM

Really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!
Very good music, and smooth editing...

• k12

Posted October 19, 2007 - 07:06 AM

Man, what a great vid. I actually am thinking about bailing out of work and going riding! I wish, but too much to do.

That looked like some sweet riding, with lots of soft sand. Great workout I am sure.

Can't remember the last time I passed some camels during a ride! Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

• themanoy

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:17 AM

awesome ride video!! :crazy:

and i was wondering, does it hurt crashing on the dunes??

• Suikerland

Posted October 19, 2007 - 08:49 AM

awesome ride video!! :crazy:

and i was wondering, does it hurt crashing on the dunes??

Not so far - I've dropped the bike many times (I've lost count) on the dunes, no pain or injuries - most times it's pretty slow speed. It's just embarrassing and irritating. My fastest get-off in the dunes was enough to bend the handlebars and I was fine.

I think it depends a lot on speed, I'm pretty slow on dunes. On the faster gravel stuff, it would probably hurt!

• Suikerland

Posted October 19, 2007 - 09:03 AM

Man, what a great vid. I actually am thinking about bailing out of work and going riding! I wish, but too much to do.

That looked like some sweet riding, with lots of soft sand. Great workout I am sure.

Can't remember the last time I passed some camels during a ride! Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks - yep, it's a workout.
I've only ever ridden in soft sand so I can't compare to rocks and stuff, but to me a hour ride feels like 12 rounds in a boxing ring. I never thought I'd start lifting weights to be able to ride better, but that's what I'm doing :crazy:

• Billahjack

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:22 PM

That is a huge tank! I thought my 4.6 gallon was heavy. I can imagine that if you fill it up, then the front won't like to stay on top of the sand.

Cool video, thanks for sharing!

Here is a quick clip out here in California. Check out the distance this thing travels in the air.

• Rman of 237

Posted October 20, 2007 - 11:33 PM

Hey, I just caught this one!:crazy: :D :applause: Outstanding!!! Great music as well. Look at the wild camels. Real cool!:bonk:

• motoxtreme

Posted October 21, 2007 - 05:06 AM

Awesome video. What software did you use to edit/make the vid?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.