Posted October 17, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Buy some aluminum, cut and bend it to fit the fender, then bolt it down... Done

• beezer

Posted October 17, 2007 - 09:56 AM

My time is valuable.

I want to buy one.

• b13

Posted October 17, 2007 - 10:38 AM

Yamaha make one a straight replacement for the original unit.

• Island Boy

Posted October 17, 2007 - 12:45 PM

check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=230147598085

I bought one from this guy, i think it was around 40 bux. Fits and looks awesome.

• tweav

Posted October 17, 2007 - 04:30 PM

I have the one from motardrider also it fits great and looks the best out of all the ones I've seen.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jams229

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:31 PM

check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=230147598085

I bought one from this guy, i think it was around 40 bux. Fits and looks awesome.

No offense to IslandBoy, but stay away from it!
I bought one, and I agree, it fits well and looks good...
HOWEVER, it will get ripped right off after you bottom the rear suspension a few times. It is poorly designed.

• beezer

Posted October 18, 2007 - 09:25 AM

I guess I will have to make my own but under protest as I'm fat and lazy.

The ebay bracket looks over built though.

• Island Boy

Posted October 18, 2007 - 11:35 AM

Get the one from Ebay, you will be pleased. I bottomed out and nothing happened to mine. I simply adjusted my sag and haven't experienced a problem since.

• tnl

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:19 PM

I just bought a UFO rear fender with a complete running/brake/plate light and a license plate holder all in one for $48 from a local bike accessory shop (cycle gear).

• Humunn

Posted October 19, 2007 - 04:14 AM

I guess I will have to make my own but under protest as I'm fat and lazy.

The ebay bracket looks over built though.

Run a search on WR license plate brackets. I have an 07 and made one easily for $8 that is as good today as it was 8 months ago when it was new. I posted several threads about it. There are pics also. PM me if you have any specific questions. Don't go with aluminum - It will bend and eventually break.

Greg

• chrispy1202

Posted October 19, 2007 - 02:37 PM

I had an aluminum bracket from a dualsport kit and it broke as they all do. Then i cut another piece of heavier material and used it and it broke also. Then i cut the same piece again, but where you make the bend down away from the fender, i cut it off an inch after the bend. Then picked up a piece of UHMW 3/16" thick and cut it to match the outside of the liscence plate and drilled two mounting holes.to reduce any extra weight on the fender, i cut the center out of the UHMW so only a 1" border was left. You will have to replace your liscence plate before you have to replace another broken mount. Unless you rip the whole fender off in a tank slapper. I have gone backwards into many a tree and my mount is still kick'n.
Cheers!

• RSWR450F

Posted November 28, 2007 - 01:42 PM

Licence plate UFO with LED light:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.