new to XR650R

10 replies to this topic
  • AlwaysWot

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:38 AM

Hello!!

Finally I got my hands on a XR650R (used but fully stock), i've sold my DR650 (which is a great bike btw).

I've writing from Europe (Portugal), and I've got a couple of doubts about the BRP.

First of all, I've heard that the BRP in Europe is OEM uncorked is that correct? Whats the easiest way to check this?

Second, assuming that the bike in uncorked, whats the first mod I should make?

Cheers :crazy:

• hill5150

Posted October 17, 2007 - 10:23 AM

First thing, change your Avatar.........and check this link......http://www.xr650r.us/xr650r_faq/

• philipstjohn

Posted October 17, 2007 - 10:29 AM

First thing, change your Avatar.........and check this link......http://www.xr650r.us/xr650r_faq/

Let him use your old Avatar! LOL :crazy:

• AlwaysWot

Posted October 17, 2007 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for the info!!

Dr65O is a great bike..........

.... but XR650 is better :crazy:

• XR4DEZ

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:07 PM

5150, do those underwear bunch up when you ride that 650?:crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:22 PM

5150, do those underwear bunch up when you ride that 650?:crazy:

That's funny:naughty: , no they are removed before she goes for a ride...............

• XR4DEZ

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:35 PM

That's funny:naughty: , no they are removed before she goes for a ride...............

That's even funnier.:crazy:

• Billahjack

Posted October 19, 2007 - 06:28 PM

Nice monkey butt dude

• Suikerland

Posted October 20, 2007 - 08:42 AM

Hello!!

Finally I got my hands on a XR650R (used but fully stock), i've sold my DR650 (which is a great bike btw).

I've writing from Europe (Portugal), and I've got a couple of doubts about the BRP.

First of all, I've heard that the BRP in Europe is OEM uncorked is that correct? Whats the easiest way to check this?

Second, assuming that the bike in uncorked, whats the first mod I should make?

Cheers :crazy:

As far as I know, the only "corked" 650R is the US model. The European, Australian and General Export (middle east / africa) are all uncorked.

I found that getting rid of the stock handlebars made the bike feel 200% better. (I got Pro-Taper Windham instead).

If you're planning on riding a lot of dirt, the first mods I would get would be a Scotts damper. Expensive but good.
A bigger tank is useful - the stock range can be very limiting.
Wider seat - a nice improvement.

A lot of people say the suspension is the best thing to upgrade. I haven't done mine yet, but apparently it makes a huge difference to handling.

• Big Red Paul

Posted October 21, 2007 - 12:20 AM

The Australian models come corked, I would guess the Euro ones, too

Best way to test if the bike is corked is to find a flat open stretch of land, and pin the throttle.
If it leaves you hyperventilating and saying holy s@#t !!!!, then it's uncorked.

• AlwaysWot

Posted October 21, 2007 - 04:26 AM

hello,

My bike is uncorked!!

Thanks for all the info, I'll post some pictures soon.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.