Break In...?

4 replies to this topic
  • lazyz450

Posted October 16, 2007 - 08:40 PM

i just bought my first bike '07 yz450f i know i have to break in the motor and all but...Any suggestions?

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2007 - 09:36 PM

It's all laid out in the manual. Two things not to do: don't baby it, and don't run it really really hard. It'll all be over in about an hour.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:31 PM

It's all laid out in the manual. Two things not to do: don't baby it, and don't run it really really hard. It'll all be over in about an hour.

And change your oil::crazy:

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:49 PM

make sure you put some heat cycles in the motor.. 20 on 20 off

• 642MX

Posted October 17, 2007 - 05:30 PM

i just bought my first bike '07 yz450f i know i have to break in the motor and all but...Any suggestions?

If you have rode it once, its already broke in. Keep the oil fresh and don't be scared to lean on it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.