my switch to a 08 yz 450

9 replies to this topic
  • 917 rider

Posted October 16, 2007 - 06:06 PM

i am have been riding a 07 Kawasaki 450 for the last year and wanted a new bike i wanted to try the Yamaha cause i have been found of the brand. My first 4 stroke was a Honda 450 and i had to do the valves all the time:mad: after reading all the reviews i was worried how slow the Yamaha was going to be :crazy: but i bought one anyways i am bigger guy 240 and all i can say is must of you don't know what you are talking about the bike is killer best bike i ever had ill never buy anything else the bike demands to be rode fast and that is what motocross is all about if you want to cruise around then it does feel slow but what does not:confused: the faster you go the better the bike. My Kawasaki felt lazy while the Yamaha is active so anybody still debating on which 08 to buy find one that suits you; but this bike rocks:ride:

• Racer808

Posted October 16, 2007 - 06:33 PM

i am have been riding a 07 Kawasaki 450 for the last year and wanted a new bike i wanted to try the Yamaha cause i have been found of the brand. My first 4 stroke was a Honda 450 and i had to do the valves all the time:mad: after reading all the reviews i was worried how slow the Yamaha was going to be :crazy: but i bought one anyways i am bigger guy 240 and all i can say is must of you don't know what you are talking about the bike is killer best bike i ever had ill never buy anything else the bike demands to be rode fast and that is what motocross is all about if you want to cruise around then it does feel slow but what does not:confused: the faster you go the better the bike. My Kawasaki felt lazy while the Yamaha is active so anybody still debating on which 08 to buy find one that suits you; but this bike rocks:ride:

Let this be a lesson for anyone thinking about attending school in the south!!! :D Just kidding bud, I love my 08 and I am glad you do as well. Put after market exhaust on the bike and you will be even more in love!

• yz250o2

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:23 PM

I was in heaven when I first got mine. Bike is the best bike out on the track. I just bought the new white brothers 08 exhaust. They just got done testing the new 08. Shorter can.....changed the header pipe. ITs gonna be sweet.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:30 PM

Good choice, after reading the reviews it kinda had me worried. I am glad to get actual feedback from real riders.

• Huckster

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:35 AM

08 YZF 450
i have a big heavy slow motorcycle that the Yamaha dealer told me was a 08 YZF 450, i hate it , call me 508-786-0888 if you have 6000 you can see how bad it really is

This was on another board and thought it was one of the funniest ads I have ever seen. And yes, the guy is for real

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer808

Posted October 17, 2007 - 03:44 AM

I was in heaven when I first got mine. Bike is the best bike out on the track. I just bought the new white brothers 08 exhaust. They just got done testing the new 08. Shorter can.....changed the header pipe. ITs gonna be sweet.

Yeah those bastards at white bros kept telling me the pipe was ready for shipping, last week I was told it would be anothe month so I cancelled and got the yoshimura. I did want the white bros but got tired of waiting, the yosh has worked out well though.

• matts06yzf

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:25 AM

LEt me know how that is

• Racer808

Posted October 17, 2007 - 07:14 AM

Deff let us know how the new whit bros pipe is, also let us know if they EVER RELEASED THE DARN THING!!!

• freerideyz250

Posted October 17, 2007 - 07:31 AM

I just bought one as well.:crazy: Coming off of 2t my whole life, it is going to take a bit of getting used to, but the hour or so I rode it yesterday it was magical. I ordered the fmf Q for it, because i have to have a sa that meets 96 db, for the series I race in. :D :applause:

• 917 rider

Posted October 17, 2007 - 12:53 PM

not to good on the computer.I just kept reading all those bad reports so i had to join up i have rode all the new bikes and i like the Yamaha the best

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.