04 Xr650l

3 replies to this topic
  • absynth01

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Just got this bike a few weeks ago and have been looking at making it more off-road. Skid pans, frame guards, front fork/rotor guards to start. Only problem seems that XRL aftermarket stuff like this is hard to come by. I also have a done up 89 XR600R. Looking at these bikes they look somewhat interchangeable other than the 89's rear drum brakes. Anyone know if the newer 600R parts fit this XRL?? My clutch plates list the same as well as some other aftermarket parts but not the ones above. Any ideas if the frames of these two bikes are the same?????

• martinfan30

Posted October 17, 2007 - 10:39 AM

Just got this bike a few weeks ago and have been looking at making it more off-road. Skid pans, frame guards, front fork/rotor guards to start. Only problem seems that XRL aftermarket stuff like this is hard to come by. I also have a done up 89 XR600R. Looking at these bikes they look somewhat interchangeable other than the 89's rear drum brakes. Anyone know if the newer 600R parts fit this XRL?? My clutch plates list the same as well as some other aftermarket parts but not the ones above. Any ideas if the frames of these two bikes are the same?????

frames are the same. many parts do interchange, exhaust, brakes, etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • absynth01

Posted October 17, 2007 - 02:47 PM

thanks martinfan

Any idea about the rims off a 87' CR500R? Looks like they fit my 600R. Have had conflicting info. I have read te 91-2000 XR600R's Got the CR brakes and forks

• martinfan30

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:52 AM

not sure but i do know when guys convert to upside down crf/cr forks they have to use the cr/crf wheel, the xrl wheel wont fit the USD's.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.