Best aftermarket headlight for 650l

6 replies to this topic
  • stuntrider7x

Posted October 16, 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi, I am looking to buy a different headlight for my 650l what is the best.

• cleonard

Posted October 16, 2007 - 06:07 PM

What are you looking for in a headlight? If you want more light just try a higher wattage bulb.

I like the DOT one that Baja Designs sells.

• Old Dog

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:10 PM

As Cleonard said, it all depends on the application you're using your bike for. I've got an Acerbis Cyclops on mine and I find it lights things up pretty good for $100 and seems to be reliable. If you're into Baja or another 24 hour Desert riding scenario, you might want to try one of the big racing lights from Trail Tech, but be prepared, they're expensive ($250+)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • evomx971

Posted October 17, 2007 - 10:27 AM

I put a Super White heavy duty PIAA bulb in the stock headlight and added two Trail Tech HID driving lights on the turn signal stalks (one spot, one flood).

I'm very happy with the outcome.

• mehowmix

Posted November 24, 2007 - 05:15 PM

I've seen some pretty nice setups using the Buell Ulysses dual headlight setup. People say they can get it for about $70 from a Harley dealer.
Don't remember the exact link, but you could look around, I'm sure you could find it.

• absynth01

Posted November 24, 2007 - 05:45 PM

Be careful most "good" lighting is non-DOT legal. The Baja designs is one of the tops, but not streetable(legal). If you added these to your stock setup, you could pass inspection. You would not be able to run all the lights at one time with a stock stator. I think the Bajas are Twin 100W lights, and is a lot of light!! The easiest to do is to get a higher wattage bulb for your stock light. I've seen them to 55/130w. My local tells me he can get a 55/150w. The 130 works for meon my 650L.
I did add twin 35w wide beams to my 600R and it helped, but not as much as the 130w bulb on my L.

• breweryrat

Posted November 25, 2007 - 10:15 AM

Hey evomx, got any pics of your setup?

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.