01 yz426f

8 replies to this topic
  • 01_426f

Posted October 16, 2007 - 03:18 PM

i mightve cracked my radiator mount on the left side during a crash. its not leaking, it still works, but where the shroud should attach the radiator is about 1 inch too far towards the back of the bike. can the mounts be rewelded of where can i buy a new radiator at?

• radkx

Posted October 16, 2007 - 03:20 PM

You should be able to tig weld that. it jut may not be as strong. I would suggest getting some radiator supports. I dont currently have them but im going to get some soon. works connection makes them for like 40 bucks.

• Birdy426

Posted October 16, 2007 - 03:50 PM

Send your radiator to Myler's

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

They'll fix you up for cheap

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2007 - 03:56 PM

Send your radiator to Myler's

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

They'll fix you up for cheap

Ditto that :crazy: :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 01_426f

Posted October 16, 2007 - 08:56 PM

after taking my shroud off i realized that the radiator is done. it sort of ripped along by the frame side and the whole radiator is twisted. im definitely gonna buy a new oem radiator and some works connection braces. thanks for the advice

• GixRider

Posted October 16, 2007 - 09:27 PM

If the works connection braces are the same ones I had, you won't be happy. Hell, I'll send you mine if you pay shipping.

Check with Mylers first. I sent them some screwed up radiators before and they come back looking great.

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2007 - 09:51 PM

Look at the "our work" link at Myler's web site, and if you think yours is worse than those, fine. I sent them one that was twisted, dented, and torn free of the frames, and it came back fine in three days for $70.

But hey, if you really want a new one....:crazy:

• 01_426f

Posted October 17, 2007 - 07:21 PM

If the works connection braces are the same ones I had, you won't be happy. Hell, I'll send you mine if you pay shipping.

Check with Mylers first. I sent them some screwed up radiators before and they come back looking great.

what kind of guards do you recomend then to avoid this type of thing happening again?

• Birdy426

Posted October 17, 2007 - 08:53 PM

what kind of guards do you recomend then to avoid this type of thing happening again?

I've had good luck with the DeVols on my WR, though others have not been happy with them. i fall a lot, but don't fall that fast...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.