08 Suspension help?

3 replies to this topic
  • kx06

Posted October 16, 2007 - 12:42 PM

Any suggestions for suspension settings for a 5'10'' 165 mid pack c rider? I just bought a 08 450 and am trying to set the suspension up.

• todds924

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:05 PM

Any suggestions for suspension settings for a 5'10'' 165 mid pack c rider? I just bought a 08 450 and am trying to set the suspension up.

You are probably going to need lighter springs if your 165 lbs. .44 in the forks and a 5.3 on the shock. However, since the linkage has been changed on the 08 the stock spring might be ok. The easy way to check is to go ahead and set your race sag and then see how much free sag you have. If its around one inch the spring should be ok.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:07 PM

This place knows suspension better than Yamaha. Talk to Frank, he's the owner and can fix you up with a revalve. http://www.smartsuspension.com

• todds924

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Stock valving will be more than enough. The main thing is to get the proper springs for your weight. You should try this first.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.