Carb: Diaphram Pump Push Rod Tip. WR400

1 reply to this topic
  • g-ride2

Posted March 22, 2002 - 08:14 AM

Here's a trick I did a couple of weeks ago when my accelerator/diaphram pump started leaking around the push rod.

Once I removed the rod and diaphram, I noticed the rod was badly corroded not to mention a rusted up diaphram. I purchased a new diaphram, but instead of buying a new rod,which would corrode again, I cut a section of brazing rod that was the same length and bent it to shape. Works perfect, plus is won't corrode!! I hope I spread some knowledge! Take Care.

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: g-ride2 ]

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: g-ride2 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted March 22, 2002 - 08:58 AM

That's a good idea, since pretty much ALL of the older carb style'd YZ/WR's are very prone to that problem.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.