WR450F Too Heavy?

13 replies to this topic
  • Bob Connett

Posted October 15, 2007 - 05:13 PM

Never, But however, they only break when I fly over it.:crazy:
Posted Image

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted October 15, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Thats a scary bridge alright. These pics are usually after you've tried. How did it go?

• tmckeown

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:46 PM

Oh well, shit happens I quess. I would walk it over and most likely swim. Have a long branch with you which you can showe between front spokes when the bike submerges. So you can find it. :crazy:

Timo McKeown

• jams229

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:00 AM

Can you say, "Endurocross?"

• xrmarty

Posted October 16, 2007 - 10:20 PM

would you guys walk it or ride across it? I think I would just ride right across it.

• drtbk4ever

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:53 AM

The picture must be decieving as it doesn't look that bad. I'd ride across it.

Depending on the the transition onto the bridge, I would recommend a bit more speed. Perhaps a second gear run so that your momentum will most likely carry you and the bike to the other side if the bridge starts to collapse.

• wingnut16

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Keep the front tire light when using the momentum that drtbk4ever is talking about. Could you imagine the results of decent 2nd gear speed and dropping the front threw that rickety old bridge. Oh and video tape all who cross for insurance reasons and for the humor factor.

wingnut16

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtbk4ever

Posted October 18, 2007 - 10:35 AM

Keep the front tire light when using the momentum that drtbk4ever is talking about. Could you imagine the results of decent 2nd gear speed and dropping the front threw that rickety old bridge. Oh and video tape all who cross for insurance reasons and for the humor factor.

wingnut16

Yeah, that could be nasty. Maybe a 2nd gear wheelie.

Or, it looks like a short enough span that if the transition onto the bridge has a nice smooth lip, one may be able to fly it. Third gear outta do it.

• geoffro

Posted October 18, 2007 - 12:30 PM

A wheelie will put ALL the weight on one wheel and not distribute it over two if the "cross logs" are week!.......

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 18, 2007 - 12:56 PM

http://trav.smugmug....4#30045124-A-LB

http://trav.smugmug....4#30153387-A-LB

This one holds my fat ass....... :crazy:

• drtbk4ever

Posted October 18, 2007 - 01:07 PM

http://trav.smugmug....4#30045124-A-LB

http://trav.smugmug....4#30153387-A-LB

This one holds my fat ass....... :crazy:

Doesn't look too bad until you see the second photo. I'd be saying to myself "Don't look down, don't look down".

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 18, 2007 - 02:42 PM

Doesn't look too bad until you see the second photo. I'd be saying to myself "Don't look down, don't look down".

I think those photos were a couple years old, the bridge deck is full of holes now. It's basically years of logs piled on top of each other while the bottom continues to decay :D The cyclone fence might hold :crazy:

• Bob Connett

Posted October 18, 2007 - 03:56 PM

We cross this bridge twice a week. It is one of three in a row.There is about 15+miles of great trails and 3 huge pits on the other side. The wr is plated but the yz isn't yet,so until then,its over the bridges.

• snakesausage

Posted October 18, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Both of those bridges look like "one wheelers". I had a cross-country race a few weeks back and they used two 18" conveyor rollers side-by-side to make one of our bridges. It was freaky when you started across it and just kept going until the other end. On my last lap, there was a guy's bike at the bottom of the small creek and he was sitting on a log next to it!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.