07 450f how changed the breather set up?

10 replies to this topic
  • nitro1max1

Posted October 15, 2007 - 03:39 PM

New here, one thing concerns me about the 07 yz450F is this breather tube issiue. Read a few post back about rerouting and putting on a filter or putting a Yamaha kit on it so dirt will not not make it in the valve cover. I have about 2 tanks of gas though and I took the beater tube of seems to have alot of dirt and dust in this tube. How many of you have moddified this? Thanks

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted October 15, 2007 - 07:43 PM

http://www.thumperta...t=560420&page=4

thats my thread i started about this read though it and you will get a nice answer i posted pictures of the air breather tube filter you can attach to you already re-routed tube. i bought it at Canadian tire

• WB450

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:09 AM

I routed mine through the upper right side of my air box, then I bought a valve cover filter that fit the breather hose from Shucks and zip tied it to the fender brace in the air box and called it good, it seems to work good.

• Racer808

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:23 AM

Does the 08 have this problem?

• WB450

Posted October 16, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Looking at pics. it seems to have the same breather hose routing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bigcr

Posted November 07, 2007 - 02:05 PM

What does Yamaha do on their factory race bikes? If it's that much of an issue, I'm sure they are doing something about it too.

• JoeSactown

Posted November 07, 2007 - 04:25 PM

Is this something everyone is doing when they get their yz450s or is it more depending on where you ride?

• Whyzee429

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:10 PM

I've had dirt at the end of my house from day one. I took my hose off and it doesn't seem to be going all the way through. From what I've heard, the rerouting is more of a precautionary thing. Pulses of air go through the tube, so in all likelyhood dirt wont make it all the way though the long tube before a "pulse" pushes it back at. I brought this up to a service tech at my local yamaha shop...he said "It's highly unlikely that dirt will make it through the tube and that most of the time people have crap in their engine it's coming in through the air filter area. Bad seal, reckless filter changing, etc."

• WB450

Posted November 07, 2007 - 05:11 PM

It seems to work good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• cowboyona426

Posted November 10, 2007 - 06:12 PM

I like that idea WB450, did you drill a hole in the airbox then just seal up with some silicone?

• WB450

Posted November 11, 2007 - 08:57 AM

I like that idea WB450, did you drill a hole in the airbox then just seal up with some silicone?

10-4, It was simple, and cost about $3.00.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.