snorkel removal

6 replies to this topic
  • sjclark

Posted October 15, 2007 - 01:19 PM

I have a 06 wr450, that I have done the free mods on. The only thing I have'nt done is remove the snorkel in air box. I've looked at it but can't see how to get it out without cutting. Is this the only way to get it out?

• TWILES

Posted October 15, 2007 - 02:01 PM

If you'll take the battery out you can pry it out with a long screwdriver. I think I took the lid loose too. I didn't think it would come out either but I pryed just right and it poped right out.

• kskyles

Posted October 16, 2007 - 12:39 AM

just whack it with a chisel and it should split in the middle.

then pull with pliers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RickSanson

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:07 AM

Is the 06 different from the 07? On my 07 the snorkel was designed to be removed. No cutting and it can be replaced without a hitch...

Yet another difference on the 07 model?

• crooks420

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:42 PM

05 and 06 are pretty much the same, just give it a whack with a chisel and hammer..... then pull the pieces out of the airbox, easy as pie.

Jesse

• madmikehusky310

Posted November 18, 2007 - 06:25 AM

Hey Jesse,

I was reading your response to sjclark, I have an 05, is removal the same? Also still have stock jetting, works fine for where I ride. Will this need to change? All other mods done long ago.

Thanks,
Mike

• emtrvt

Posted November 18, 2007 - 06:20 PM

just pull it out. i have a 06 and i used a little force and it came out without breaking

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.