2008 450 Megabomb

7 replies to this topic
  • pba123

Posted October 14, 2007 - 05:48 PM

Hi, I have a question for those of you with 2008 450's. Have any of you tried using the stock muffler with a Megabomb header? I love the look of the 08 muffler and the fact that it is hidden away from crash damage. I heard that the shorty muffler is completely useless and that it should be discarded right away. Is it possible that the Megabomb/stock muffler combo will wake the bike up like it did on the 07? That combo would be awesome in both looks and sound level, and possibly(hopefully) in performance. Thanks:ride:

• todds924

Posted October 14, 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hi, I have a question for those of you with 2008 450's. Have any of you tried using the stock muffler with a Megabomb header? I love the look of the 08 muffler and the fact that it is hidden away from crash damage. I heard that the shorty muffler is completely useless and that it should be discarded right away. Is it possible that the Megabomb/stock muffler combo will wake the bike up like it did on the 07? That combo would be awesome in both looks and sound level, and possibly(hopefully) in performance. Thanks:ride:

Personally on my 08 i thought the stock silencer was garbage. I tried the stock 08 headpipe with a stock 06 silencer and it worked very well. Currently i am running a pro circuit Ti-4 and love it and the bike. Dirt bike magazine tested an 08 with both the pro circuit and an FMF mega bomb/4.1 combo and reported that the FMF worked a little better overall than the pro circuit but both pipes really woke the motor up. I think any combo you run as long as it doesn't include the stock 08 silencer will make you happy.

• KJ790

Posted October 14, 2007 - 06:04 PM

If you want the performance of a stock 06 or 07 and a short pipe, I suggest buying an FMF speed or ti-powercore silencer. Those are very short and they are cheaper than a megabomb.

• pba123

Posted October 14, 2007 - 06:11 PM

Is the actual header length of the stocker any shorter than previous years?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted October 14, 2007 - 07:25 PM

Nope, just the silencer. The header and the midpipe are the same length as previous years.

• pba123

Posted October 16, 2007 - 06:43 PM

So will all 2006-2007 yz450f exhaust systems fit on the 08?

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:06 PM

As far as I know they will, yes.

• todds924

Posted October 16, 2007 - 07:28 PM

They fit perfectly. Either 06 or 07 works better than the stock 08. I have tried them all.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.