Stupid Question

2 replies to this topic
  • USED YZ426F

Posted October 14, 2007 - 01:02 PM

I have an '00 YZ 426 with a completely stock suspension. I am not the original owner, so I have no idea of what the previous owners did to tweak the suspension. Can someone tell me what the stock settings should be?

Also, I've read a lot of suspension posts, and they say turn-out and turn-in to adjust the settings. Am I correct in thinking that turn-out = counterclockwise and turn-in = clockwise?

Thanks for the help/info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2007 - 10:41 PM

Suspension adjustments are properly made by turning the clickers in (clockwise) until they seat, then count the clicks out. This gives the most accurate and consistent settings, even if a previous assembly error was made.

Refer to your manual (download one Here if you don't have one) starting on page 3-34. This will give you the standard settings. They are all around 8-10 out

• USED YZ426F

Posted October 15, 2007 - 11:10 AM

Thankyou.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.