Compression release lever

8 replies to this topic
  • Farmboy

Posted March 21, 2002 - 11:59 PM

I have broke a few of the compression release levers and have been wondering if anyone knows of a aluminum lever replacement. I have looked but can't find one anywhere. I saw the clutch and comp. release perch from works conection and
GYT-R makes on also but the are both pretty spendy. I thought I remembered seeing one in a catalog once but I can't remember.

I moved my Comp. release so that it points backwards but I still break it often enough that it is a pain. I have just started super glueing the broken levers back together cause I got sick of buying them. Thanks for the help.

• YZ400Court

Posted March 22, 2002 - 05:19 AM

The stock honda crf unit should work. It has clutch and comp release together (info from Gina Dubach). Dubach can get it for you.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted March 22, 2002 - 09:57 AM

I would absolutely love to see some crash photos ! I have wiped mine out a hundred times and never had a comp release break...You might be better off looking into a set of GYT-R or other Aluminum hand guards for your ride....Much cheaper than constantly replacing the lever.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Bonzai :)

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• Chaindrive

Posted March 22, 2002 - 11:01 AM

Ditto. Brush/handguards and radiator guards are one of the few investments that pay for themselves literally. I,too, crash a lot. :D

Yamakaze: How DO you post pics like that? The picture page has no instructions and I know zip about UBB,HTML,or quantum physics...or... :)

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: Chaindrive ]

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: Chaindrive ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted March 22, 2002 - 11:29 AM

Chaindrive....Check your PM.

Bonzai :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 22, 2002 - 12:57 PM

I run the Works Connection clutch lever/compression release lever combo because I needed the space on my ProTapers for my dual sport stuff. The compression release lever is tucked away very nicely - so much so that bump starting is a bit difficult at times.

Brian

• Bezore

Posted March 22, 2002 - 02:39 PM

you can get an aluminum lever from Chaparral at
www.800-841-2960.com I think they are about 12.00
also try wraping teflon tape around your bars under all your mounts. levers will usually spin before they break

• bonez34

Posted March 22, 2002 - 03:55 PM

i broke mine and got the alum. one from chaparral and it is worth it. i also moved it from underneath the clutch to above the clutch. it keeps it off the ground when you fall. it just takes some getting used to as you will want to grab it instead of the clutch.

• Farmboy

Posted March 25, 2002 - 03:43 PM

Yamakaze I would post some pics but I don't have any. I spend alot of my riding time on my head, and always have a bent lever on my bike :) . I have been thinking about some aluminum handguards, I might try a pair out. Ordered a aluminum lever from Chaparral today so hopefully it will work better. Thanks everyone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.