01 yz426 main jet size

3 replies to this topic
  • XRrider62

Posted October 13, 2007 - 04:36 PM

Can someone tell me the main jet size for a 2001 yz 426(stock)

• maxtherat

Posted October 13, 2007 - 09:58 PM

Pretty sure it's a 165 but you may want to go to 168 or a170 depending on your elevation.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer808

Posted October 14, 2007 - 05:56 AM

I am in Colorado as well and on my 426 we left the main alone and went from a 42 pilot to a 40 and it did wonders!! Then my mechanic friend did all sorts of tuning to the screws on the carb and the bike ripped, I loved the engine on that bike, I just hated how it felt like a battle tank. Also, Dr D pipe really made that bike complete.

• klxnewguy

Posted October 14, 2007 - 02:50 PM

I have all stock jetting, but I just put on an WB E2 pipe due to the greenies wanting my bike below 96db and I took it out on a ride yesterday and something was off. The bike would start fine, start going but from 1/4 - 1/2 throttle the bike wouldn't pick up much. It just bogged and then if I opened it all the way up it would clear and get going but as soon as I would want just a good steady pull up a hill around 1/2 throttle it would bog again. It was also up a bit in altitude. Any help would be great, thanks!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.