YZ pipe on WR 426

2 replies to this topic
  • ArizonaWR

Posted October 13, 2007 - 10:11 AM

Thinking about putting a YZ header (and Exhaust pipe) on my 2002-WR426. Has anyone replaced their YZ 426's original system? Does anyone know if the 450 stock systems are compatible with the 426 Engine?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2007 - 03:05 PM

Year for year, the WR headers are the same as that of a YZ426, so the difference is in the muffler. The mufflers from '03-'05 450's are slightly different from the 426's, and while it's possible to get them to fit, the units that are welded together in one piece as the stockers are are often more difficult to work with than the aftermarket units with a separate mid pipe. '06 and later pipes won't fit. Check the parts for sale section of the classifieds, or post a want ad there.

• maxtherat

Posted October 13, 2007 - 10:13 PM

So what may be a good option to try on my wr426. I have wanted to put on a shorter exhuast but there are not many opts. for the older bikes. I currenty have a fmf q pipe and I like that it is quiet but I think if it were tucked in a bit lower i think that there would be less damage if or when I loop it. Some minor fabrication wouldnt be too much of an issue.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.