Shortening Pipe?

2 replies to this topic
  • yzfrider67

Posted October 13, 2007 - 06:09 AM

Hey guys I was just curious if shortening a stock pipe on my 04 yz450 would make any performance gains, as in the low end. i have a yoshi on there but it got trashed in a recent run in with a log 3rd gear pinned. i have seen this mod a few times and i was hoping it would give me some added bottom end for the woods. any info would be great. thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kenr74

Posted October 13, 2007 - 07:02 AM

Do a search. I think this question has been asked at least 3 times in the last month and the answer has been DON'T DO IT. I don't know if anybody saying that has actually done it though. It will be louder which is not a good thing.

• todds924

Posted October 15, 2007 - 10:16 AM

Do a search. I think this question has been asked at least 3 times in the last month and the answer has been DON'T DO IT. I don't know if anybody saying that has actually done it though. It will be louder which is not a good thing.

It is NOT a good thing. The bike will run terrible and you'll need earplugs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.