Supermoto WR450F or DR-Z SM?!?

3 replies to this topic
  • BlackSCRunner

Posted October 12, 2007 - 01:29 PM

Hi Guys, I am new here and I hope I'm not braking any rules! I posted a thread in the DR-Z forum and rather than reposting (cross-forum posting) here I am including a link so I can get some legit WR rider feedback also!

Here is the thread:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=562404

Thanks!

• dmoney1074

Posted October 12, 2007 - 03:06 PM

Fact of the matter is, whtever you ride, you will endorse... I have never ridden a drz, but looking at the facts alone I can tell you that the wr is much lighter more powerfull and almost as reliable. Its really up to you to decide, sit on the bikes, test drive them each if possible. I would say in general:

Race/track: yz450f, KTM 505, husky 450, etc
Street: drz, xr, husky 610, KTM lc4, etc
Jack of all trades: wr450, husky 510.....

If your not commuting, pick the funest bike possible.... the drz is NOT it IMO :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted October 12, 2007 - 11:46 PM

I read your other post and for what I think you want it for, a factory DRZ SM would suit your needs, and a WR would suit your wants!!!

My WR450F gives me a sore butt after a while in the saddle.

• tmckeown

Posted October 13, 2007 - 01:37 AM

I have raced my WR-450 against KTM's and KTM's are just breakfast for WR-450. With the same bike I do: Enduro, Supermoto and Iceroad racing. So can you have a better and versatile bike?

Timo McKeown

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.