2007 shock spring rate

3 replies to this topic
  • drtrcr400

Posted October 11, 2007 - 08:32 PM

The manual says my '07 stock shock spring is a 5.5. Racetech says its a 5.3 and that i need a 5.4. I'm about 180 without gear and race xc's in open expert but mostly ride woods. I think i need a slightly stiffer rear spring. Any opinions or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

• clark4131

Posted October 11, 2007 - 10:34 PM

At 180, you can figure you're right around 200 with gear, camelbak, etc. I'd go with a Racetech 5.6. Racetech's recommendations are notoriously on the light side. I think it's because they factor in their valving as well. Without it, it's pretty much a given that you need to go up a step. I'm running 5.8, and I would probably be better off with a 6.0, but I weigh 225 in my birthday suit...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted October 12, 2007 - 01:20 PM

but I weigh 225 in my birthday suit...SC

Thank you for leaving us with such a nice visual:eek: :crazy:

• clark4131

Posted October 12, 2007 - 06:38 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't 5'2"...SC

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.