2007 Mods

22 replies to this topic
  • Mutu

Posted October 14, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Thanks everyone..........now I will go back to the Forum page, search for Batteries and see if anyone has posted about how well the battery holds up on the WR450's. As mentioned, I bought mine brand new just last Monday. As of yesterday, the battery would not turn over the electric starter. A bit dissapoining I might add.

The batteries hold up very well in these bikes. I am still on the original batteries in both my WR's.

I suggest you take out your battery charger and recharge it. It should be fine. :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michigan DS

Posted October 14, 2007 - 06:04 PM

[COLOR="Navy"]As mentioned, I bought mine brand new just last Monday. As of yesterday, the battery would not turn over the electric starter. A bit dissapoining I might add.[/COLOR]

Randy,
Shortly after I bought my 07, I had the same problem. I had not ridden it except for a few of miles. I thought this whole electric start thing was going to be a disapointment due to the battery.

However...........after I finished the mods, I actually had an opportunity to ride it (20-30 miles at a time) and the battery has been solid ever since. I have owned it for about six months and the battery is solid every time. Sometimes it sits for 2-3 weeks and it still turns the engine over like a new battery.

Hopefully, your battery just needs a good charge. I have read that people who throw the hot-cams in, do have a problem with the e-start.

Good Luck,

Doug

• clark4131

Posted October 15, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Get yourself a Battery Tender and mount the quick-disconnect on the battery. Let it sit a good 18-24 hours on the tender and you'll likely never have an issue again unless you leave the ignition button in the on position. The bike doesn't put out a very strong charge for the battery unless you ride it a good long time, unlike a car. Another thing to check is the battery's level. A lot of times, they don't come filled all the way, which can lead to a weak charge...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.