How badly worn is this fork bushing?

3 replies to this topic
  • turbowhine

Posted October 11, 2007 - 07:45 AM

This is one of the guide bushings from the fork slider on an XRL. The maintenance manual gives very rough guidlines for inspection. I'm going to replace it because it looks bad to me and only costs $5, but this is my first time re-building what do you think? Have you seen worse? Or is this pretty worn? The bushing is #10 in this schematic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted October 11, 2007 - 07:49 AM

just by looking at it i would say replace it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted October 11, 2007 - 08:49 AM

I would say that one does need replacing. If you are going to replace one, take a real close look at the others and replace them as well if there is any sign of wear. That's 10,11, and 16. Then you will know that it's "new" again.

Posted October 11, 2007 - 09:54 AM

Yep... looks about the same as mine did. I'm with cleonard replace the lot while it's apart

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.