XR650L Jetting???

8 replies to this topic
  • BigDaddyMoat

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:10 AM

Alright I have an 07 XR650L. I just put a Pro-Circuit T-4 Exhaust on it as well as a K&N Filter. I want to take the Smog Crap off, but Im not sure if it makes that much of a difference?? My main problem is do I need to re-jet My bike?? Oh yeah how do I get rid of that Damn Popping??

Thanks for the Help

• COAL RUN

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:37 AM

lose the smog junk & rejet & the poping will go away

• Denn10

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:41 AM

Welcome Look up in the top right where it says "search this forum" and you can search alot of info, any question you have has prolly already been asked in the last week or month. Remove smog and yes rejet is needed asap.

• martinfan30

Posted October 11, 2007 - 09:52 AM

55/158. 4300 ft.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • radbrad48

Posted October 12, 2007 - 05:40 PM

55/160. Make sure the 55 is a short one. I am at sea level.

• DBM

Posted October 13, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Loose ALL the smog stuff, open the top of the air box, and do a search for "Dave's Mods". This worked great for me and many others.

DBM

• gearloos

Posted October 14, 2007 - 11:13 AM

55/160. Make sure the 55 is a short one. I am at sea level.

Just ask for a 55s pilot or "slow" jet. the "s" stands for short. I found one at Honda but 2 other Honda shops said they had one and they both had the long one..:crazy: I think I started a thread on it.. Honda people need some training...
Ive read that Dave..RE: Daves Mods... just trimmed a piece in the carb and used the long jet. I have a friend who simply put his jet in a vise and cut it shorter with a dremel . He hasn't had any trouble at all doing that. Oh! if you cut it, be sure to cut a groove in the end for a screwdriver!

• tcj650

Posted October 17, 2007 - 07:18 PM

if you do the "Daves Mods" and rejet (I used dynajet Kit) it should work really well. used mine rom sea level all the way up to 8000ft and it worked out great.

• martinfan30

Posted October 18, 2007 - 06:50 AM

if you do the "Daves Mods" and rejet (I used dynajet Kit) it should work really well. used mine rom sea level all the way up to 8000ft and it worked out great.

if the djet kit will be used, use the spring in the kit AND drill the slide. i had good results with this.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.