Where do you guys position your rear axle?

3 replies to this topic
  • ivesy

Posted October 10, 2007 - 09:28 PM

I'm just about to cut my chain to length but I was thinking of taking one more link out than normal and reducing my wheelbase. I know some people who run their wheelbase as short as possible to get there bikes turning better, so was wondering what other people out there have tried?

• grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2007 - 09:40 PM

50-75% back in the slot. Makes the front heavier than a forward position and helps the bike push less.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brt 426

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:23 PM

I also run the axle to the rear of the adjustment slot. Keeps the front end down. RM 250 and YZF426

• ivesy

Posted October 10, 2007 - 11:42 PM

50-75% back in the slot. Makes the front heavier than a forward position and helps the bike push less.

Cheers mate, I'll keep it as it is then :confused:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.