axle blocks

12 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted October 10, 2007 - 03:07 PM

i searched on here and couldnt really come up with an answer i was looking for. as some you of you know i just got an 07 yzf 450, i went to adjust my chain and was having trouble getting it to line up properly everytime i would tighten down the axle nut it would shift the axle block and throw everything off. ive seenthe zip ty ones but i dont wanna spend that much are there any others that cure this problem and that fit better in the swing arm. also the adjustment lines are hard to see..... so would it be worth getting some different ones? if so which ones besides the zip tys. thanks!

• DesertRacer2

Posted October 10, 2007 - 03:16 PM

I had the same problem with my 07. I got so tired of it I went to the Zip Ty blocks. I know they are expensive, but it was worth it to me due to the time you end up saving.

• Racer24

Posted October 10, 2007 - 03:27 PM

put a wrench in the chain and rotate the wheel back so its gets caught in the sprocket. this will force the axle and the blocks to push up against the screw and bolt.

• grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2007 - 03:38 PM

Also be sure to read the marks on the blocks from the back edge when using the OEM blocks. The drive side block has a flange on it to hold the axle from turning and so is marked differently than the brake side on the front edge.

• wes782

Posted October 10, 2007 - 03:40 PM

Also be sure to read the marks on the blocks from the back edge when using the OEM blocks. The drive side block has a flange on it to hold the axle from turning and so is marked differently than the brake side on the front edge.

ya i made that mistake when i did it the 1st time luckily i noticed my wheel wasnt aligned. then i went back and looked and i noticed that.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 10, 2007 - 04:53 PM

put a wrench in the chain and rotate the wheel back so its gets caught in the sprocket. this will force the axle and the blocks to push up against the screw and bolt.

This is the ticket here :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted October 10, 2007 - 06:26 PM

Thats how I do it. I normally grab a T-handle and shove it in there.

• reed1

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:06 PM

I just kick the tire:excuseme:

• grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:52 PM

I usually snug the axle nut a bit, then hook the jaw of an open end wrench into the axle slot behind the axle and pry forward against the blocks to seat it, but jamming the chain works, too.

• stroker101

Posted October 11, 2007 - 04:13 AM

this is the most popular method to keeping the alignment set when tightening the rear axle nut. good tip

• duzz10

Posted October 11, 2007 - 04:36 AM

You can also use a rag, Roll it back on the top side of the sprocket to tighten, and then back foward to release it.

• Ga450owner

Posted October 11, 2007 - 06:08 AM

Both methods are good for driving the wheel forward to tighten the axle nut....but I found the stock axle block indentions are difficult to see (maybe I am blind)so I bought a set of GYTR - for 30 bucks that are clear and easy to align.....andI use the wrench in the sprocket method to tighten everything up....no alignment issues here

• Wiz636

Posted October 11, 2007 - 11:57 AM

I have the Devol Racing axle blocks, they are pretty slick as the oval end of the axle fits completely inside a recess in the left side axle block so you don't end up with the little bit of twisting common with the stock axle blocks. They are marked very clearly also. http://www.devolraci...axle-blocks.htm

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.