Coolant and cross over hose

1 reply to this topic
  • jcoyne97222

Posted October 10, 2007 - 02:59 PM

I had my tank wear a hole in my radiator cross over hose. I went to the auto parts store and all they had that size was fuel injecton hose. They thought it could handle high temps. It's good quality hose with fiber in it. Anybody know if it can handle the temp? Also wanted to get anti freeze at the auto parts store. The manual states non silicate version but Prestone doesn't say if it has silicates or not. Anybody have a clue? Thanks, John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Barro

Posted October 11, 2007 - 08:32 PM

A 5/16" injection fuel hose will work well.
If you can, make sure the bend radius off the right side rad is as tight as you can make it. This hose will also wear in the same spot as the stocker, but will take a lot longer to wear through.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.