Oil Change, Where Are The Bolts

4 replies to this topic
  • chambers

Posted October 10, 2007 - 12:00 PM

Well i have done about 700 miles (I know a little too much) on the '02 WR 400 and I'm gonna change the oil and filter this weekend. I have read there are three drain bolts but in the manual it isnt very clear where they are so am hoping someone can tell me, prefferably with pictures.

Also the manual states 1.4l if the filter is changed, is this what people recommend.

Last thing, is there anything else I should look out for?

Ta guys

• char34

Posted October 10, 2007 - 12:06 PM

go to you tube and type oil change on yamaha wr exelemt video:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chambers

Posted October 11, 2007 - 10:24 AM

Thanks mate am watching it now, my 400 doesnt have a filler on the side I am wondering is this the only difference? Are all of the rest of the bolts in the same place?

• C-P

Posted October 14, 2007 - 07:07 PM

The bolts are everywhere! Sorry I'm not helping but changing oil on a WR is a pain! Also, don't you have a 426 or 450? Good luck!

• chambers

Posted October 14, 2007 - 09:59 PM

nah mate mines the 02 400 (odd I know but its the european one) manages to find them, the one on the front centre of the frame, the one where the filter is and finally one underneath the bike throught the hole of the bash plate in the oil sump

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.