ID bike from VIN

3 replies to this topic
  • cardiffdrz

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:21 AM

I posted in General but as it is a Yamaha related issue maybe this is the best place to post.

A friend of mine has an R1 that may have some unkown history to him. He went to the dealers today to order some part and was told his VIN wasn't correct.

I know there is a website around that allows you to ID bike model via the VIN does anyone have a linky to that please?

• SVOC

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:46 AM

A friend of mine has an R1 that may have some unkown history to him. He went to the dealers today to order some part and was told his VIN wasn't correct.

Uhh....stolen?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cardiffdrz

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:48 AM

Uhh....stolen?

No idea at this point, i certainly hope not but the dealer didn't say it was stolen just the number didn't match the bike :confused:

• char34

Posted October 10, 2007 - 12:12 PM

just google vehical check AA do 1 for around a tenner , hope its not nicked , good luck
:confused:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.