gasket sealer or no on cam cover

2 replies to this topic
  • ratbiker

Posted March 21, 2002 - 03:02 AM

I just did yz timing on my 02 426 (canadien model),Question is do i use gasket sealer on rubber gasket!There was none from factory but in magazine they say use some,Anybody with an answer? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted March 21, 2002 - 04:20 AM

If you use some brake or carb cleaner on a rag to wipe the surfaces down and make sure they are clean of any debris. This combined with the gasket and proper torque sequence will be fine.

I've had my valve cover off several times to check the valves and YZ time the bike. I'm still using the original gasket :)

However some Gask-ca-cinch on automotive cork valve covers, will provide a leak free motor :D

Posted March 21, 2002 - 05:23 AM

What he Said.....

Bonzai :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.