Tiried of leaning against wall to start! Someone sell me a kick stand!

9 replies to this topic
  • drmnofdakr

Posted October 09, 2007 - 08:17 AM

I'm sick and tired of leaning my 650 against something to start it (I'm 5'8")!! :confused: I'm yet to get it started while balancing on my left tippy-toe before I get too tired... ARGH!

The cheapest I can find is on eBay for around $35 shipped. Surely someone out here has one they can fence for $10.00... I'll schedule UPS to come get it even!

, J

• Coolidge

Posted October 09, 2007 - 08:48 AM

Here you go...
http://cgi.ebay.com/...spagenameZWDVWE
Auction goes down in like 8hrs. If link no worky, try ebay ID: keepitroostin
~Guy

• martinfan30

Posted October 09, 2007 - 10:17 AM

or, buy an L!LOL!

• Denn10

Posted October 09, 2007 - 10:21 AM

or, buy an L!LOL!

r u gonna sell him ur stand or make fun of him!!!!

• martinfan30

Posted October 09, 2007 - 10:27 AM

r u gonna sell him ur stand or make fun of him!!!!

LOL!! hahahaha!:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted October 09, 2007 - 12:15 PM

I'm sick and tired of leaning my 650 against something to start it (I'm 5'8")!! :confused: I'm yet to get it started while balancing on my left tippy-toe before I get too tired... ARGH!

The cheapest I can find is on eBay for around $35 shipped. Surely someone out here has one they can fence for $10.00... I'll schedule UPS to come get it even!

, J

Mine starts first kick most times, with a second kick on occasion. Are you sure you have the right jetting? What happened to the stock kick stand?

• wickedsprint

Posted October 09, 2007 - 06:21 PM

What I have seen work for shorter inseam riders is to briefly take left foot off the ground, use left peg to stand up and come down even harder on the starter, as you're coming down your left foot will be coming towards the ground right after your right foot has completed the kick...hopefully with the engine running.

• LeadDoggy

Posted October 10, 2007 - 05:18 AM

Sorry, no kickstand for sale.....

Have you tried standing on the rightside of the bike to start it?

• Kawabuggy

Posted October 10, 2007 - 01:55 PM

I'm 6'3 @ 220 lbs. I don't have a kick stand on my bike either and if it does not start on the 1st or 2nd kick, it can wear me out pretty quickly.

I can sometimes do the balance thing where I simply stand up on the bike, lift my left leg, and fall on the right leg with all my weight. That works 85% of the time. The other times I try and find something to lean against to make it happen. When there is nothing around, I use one of my friends bikes, or quad tire, or someone standing around..

What sucks is when you fall at the bottom of a ditch, or in thick mud, or when you are by yourself half way up a hill top. Then you are in trouble! Try to balance the bike while out of breath, perched precariously on a steep angled hill.. Now that is a challenge! I can think of a few places where the magic button would definitely be worth it!

• Coolidge

Posted October 10, 2007 - 05:28 PM

....Im 5'-7" (5'-10" w/the 'fro :confused: -j/k!) and I def need a kickstand unless Ive got a rock or a curb or ? to support my self on. Luckily my BWP starts 1st/2nd kick everytime

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.