Broken fork springs

7 replies to this topic
  • glenrmz

Posted October 09, 2007 - 05:01 AM

I have not had much luck with the front end of my 2007 yz450f. I had the front forks revalved (kept the stock springs) by a very competent suspension guru. First problem I had after about 4 or 5 months was the inside catridge coming loose. That was duly replaced. Now about 2 months later my right fork spring broke about a 1/3 of the way up. That was replaced with a race tech spring. 3 days later and the left spring broke at the half way mark??????????
Fortunatly the race tech come in pairs.
The guy that does my suspension says he would not have believed the story if he had not seen it himself. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I'm not overly hard on the bike and weigh 78kg.
Any ideas on what could be causing this.

• matts06yzf

Posted October 09, 2007 - 05:20 AM

I am 255 pounds are very hard on mine with zero problems. I would find me another suspension "guru". I Use enzo and have never had a issue and I ride 5-6 days a week. :confused:

• todds924

Posted October 11, 2007 - 05:35 PM

I am 255 pounds are very hard on mine with zero problems. I would find me another suspension "guru". I Use enzo and have never had a issue and I ride 5-6 days a week. :confused:

Hey Matt, You say you had Enzo re-valve your 08? Or your 06? I was going to give them my 08 stuff. Also, what spring rates did you end up with for your 08? We weigh about the same.

• matts06yzf

Posted October 11, 2007 - 06:31 PM

Hey Matt, You say you had Enzo re-valve your 08? Or your 06? I was going to give them my 08 stuff. Also, what spring rates did you end up with for your 08? We weigh about the same.

THey did both 06 and 08. I went stiffer on 08 even tho I weigh less than I did when my 06 was done but my speed has increaded alot. They did a 6.7 for rear:cry: and we decided on .52 for front not .50 I have 6.2 and .50 on 06 but 08 rea equires stiffer for some reason. I also wanted it alittle stiffer up front for this one 90 footer and :confused: I will be racing some Sx styff at lake sugartree this year. Im still new to all this

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2007 - 05:49 AM

... 08 rear requires stiffer for some reason.

The '08 linkage rising rate is different.

• todds924

Posted October 12, 2007 - 09:58 AM

THey did both 06 and 08. I went stiffer on 08 even tho I weigh less than I did when my 06 was done but my speed has increaded alot. They did a 6.7 for rear:cry: and we decided on .52 for front not .50 I have 6.2 and .50 on 06 but 08 rea equires stiffer for some reason. I also wanted it alittle stiffer up front for this one 90 footer and :crazy: I will be racing some Sx styff at lake sugartree this year. Im still new to all this

Thats exactly the info i was looking for!! I am running a 6.3 on my 08 and .50 in the forks. I think i need to go stiffer on the shock. Enzo is actually only a couple of blocks from my house and Ross definintely knows his stuff. Thanks Matt

• grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2007 - 10:24 AM

... Ross (of Enzo) definintely knows his stuff.

There's a masterpiece of understatement. :crazy:

• todds924

Posted October 12, 2007 - 02:02 PM

There's a masterpiece of understatement. :crazy:

Why thank you!!!!!:D He is a suspension "GOD":worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.