yz 426 clutch and cam

5 replies to this topic
  • nos487

Posted October 08, 2007 - 04:58 PM

I have a 2000 yz 426 with the grabby clutch problem and stock exhaust cam. I have read the post a few times about replacing with 01 clutch parts. My question is would it be better to buy a complete kit from aftermarket or what(ebay?). I also want to swap out exhaust cam but my buget only allows one or the other. I think the bike starts good now but I raced a harescramble last sunday and stalled once on a hillclimb and was hard to start off balance and in gear. I might not of stalled if I didnt have a clutch that was like an on off switch. I just want to know what would be most important to you all. Thanks

• 642MX

Posted October 08, 2007 - 05:38 PM

Maybe 00YZ426FMRCD will chime in on this (or you could PM him). He has done both mods to his 426 and can probably tell you which one made the most difference. I'd probably do the 01 clutch mod first.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2007 - 07:55 PM

If my clutch was that bad, so would I.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nos487

Posted October 09, 2007 - 04:23 AM

Should I use Yamaha parts on clutch or aftermarket?

• creeker

Posted October 09, 2007 - 05:28 AM

I would go with the clutch mod first... imo, other than a little easier starting there are no "real" benefits of doing the cam mod.

And I would go with OEM, if it were me.

• grayracer513

Posted October 09, 2007 - 06:24 AM

Should I use Yamaha parts on clutch or aftermarket?

OEM will work fine. I don't care for the aftermarket clutch kits other than Hinson or GYT-R.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.