Mega Bomb Header/ Q4 Combo Good?

8 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted October 08, 2007 - 04:07 PM

Hi all.. I just munched my header today :confused: What would be the best replacement option, mega bomb or power bomb to go with my Q4? I kinda like the looks of the mega bomb, but don't want to buy a pipe just for looks... performance is what I am concerned about. Thanks!

• 02YZ426

Posted October 08, 2007 - 05:59 PM

I was looking at the specs for this mega bomb, it says "Produces Low End of a Long Header and Top End of a Short Header" What exactly is this supposed to mean?

• yamaha racing 230

Posted October 08, 2007 - 06:46 PM

how can it do both but the mega bomb does look prety cool

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2007 - 08:33 PM

I was looking at the specs for this mega bomb, it says "Produces Low End of a Long Header and Top End of a Short Header" What exactly is this supposed to mean?

The design of the 'Bomb headers, and the odd looking ones on the US MXDN bikes, is intended to make the header appear to the engine as if it has a flexible, or undefined, length, and there by make it work across a wider range than a typical, fixed length header tube can. It does seem to work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matts06yzf

Posted October 09, 2007 - 02:54 AM

I have read that there is a SX version and a MX version. Ones better for bottom, other is more mid to top. Just get a Dr D and then its great from botton to top. What ya putting it on?

• 02YZ426

Posted October 09, 2007 - 03:02 AM

I only see one listed for the YZ. It doesn't specify wether is helps top or bottom end power. I need a new header because I munched mine yesterday.

• TexN343

Posted October 09, 2007 - 02:00 PM

The mega bomb is more of the original power bomb.

• Justin89

Posted October 09, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Get the mega-bomb. That will be one quiet exhaust system because the megabomb lowers the sound decibles as well...along with that Q4.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 09, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Put the mega on order today! I hope it gets here fast, my stock header is trashed and I want to :confused:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.