White Bros Pipe on a 426

3 replies to this topic
  • klxnewguy

Posted October 08, 2007 - 12:25 PM

I just put a new white bros. E2 on my 426 as I am riding it in an enduro race in a few weeks and need to get below 96db. I fired it up and all is good but it didn't sound too much different. Has anyone else use an E2 on a 426 and been below 96db? Also I just put on the Cycra probends and they look awesome! Thanks guys.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted October 08, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Good luck. I don't know of an after market WB that is going to get you below 96DB. I have a WB E-Series shorty on mine and it is way loud. My guess around 100-102. My guess is that with an E2 you are down to around 98 at best. I finally ended up getting the Pro Moto Billet End cap and silencer to quiet things down. The PMB works well & is quiet (96 and below) as long as you have the silencer packed well. Not a huge perfomance loss from the WB but a little noticeable. Not sure what it is about the 426's. They just seem to be louder over the 450's no matter what. Probably due to the silencers not being the newer technology since they are older bikes. Maybe it is just me....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • klxnewguy

Posted October 08, 2007 - 07:15 PM

I called them (WB) and they told me that it would be below 96 but we'll see! I'll post a reply once I know for sure what it runs at.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:14 AM

I too am running the E-series on my 426 and it's ear splitting. I think i'm running around 5 disks and I just re-packed it. I get looks at the dunes. The straight pipe running 16 year old :applause: :D in me loves the noise. But the conservation minded grown up that doesn't want to piss off my neighbors that I am has been looking on ebay for a stock pipe for some time.

Good luck

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.