Bib Mousse Tip

No replies to this topic
  • yam314

Posted October 08, 2007 - 06:08 AM

I started running Mousse tubes after a flat caused me to have to quit a race. I was kinda scared of the initial mounting since I have seen 6 Day riders using 6'long pry bars and special mounting jigs.As it turned out, they are really no harder to mount than a regular HD tube-maybe easier.And you don't worry about pinching a tube.the key, is to lube it up very well.Don't use Vasoline as it will hurt the rubber-I'm sure that everyone has heard that one before!

The other thing that bothered me was on how to make the bead seat.I discovered that by using an air nozzel w/ a rubber tip inserted into one of the rimlock holes that are no longer used,will pop the bead right back onto the rim.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.