Is this XR 650R worth $4000?

50 replies to this topic
  • BBA

Posted October 10, 2007 - 04:34 AM

SWEET! i will be there the first weekend of decmeber for the USSSA softball world champ tournament. will be coming down from carson city. come by and look for the team called "frozen rope".

Well bring your bike with you. Theres some great riding right out my back door from Lake Mead all the way to Valley of Fire. I know there has to be some great riding out there around Carson. Only problem I would worry about though is getting shot by some outlaw cowboy on his horse lol! Carson city is a very neat place to visit forsure.

• philipstjohn

Posted October 10, 2007 - 05:18 AM

ya it is. not hot, not overly cold yet. i do like cold weather riding though. i like the looks i get coming into work when its in the low 20's to teens (fahrenheit) and my jacket is white from the ice forming!

That's one way to keep your bike form overheating! :confused:

• martinfan30

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:56 AM

Well bring your bike with you. Theres some great riding right out my back door from Lake Mead all the way to Valley of Fire. I know there has to be some great riding out there around Carson. Only problem I would worry about though is getting shot by some outlaw cowboy on his horse lol! Carson city is a very neat place to visit forsure.

we definately have some great riding here. pretty much anywhere can be ridden. there are no signs telling you bike riding is evil! we have not had the influx of cali reds migrating here YET to try and make another CA.

we have a popular bumper sticker around here that states"dont care how you did it in CA!" lol

you do run in to some intersting people out in the middle of nowhere!.

• martinfan30

Posted October 10, 2007 - 07:57 AM

That's one way to keep your bike form overheating! :confused:

ya no heating issues in winterer!LOL

• Maroast

Posted October 10, 2007 - 09:24 AM

we definately have some great riding here. pretty much anywhere can be ridden. there are no signs telling you bike riding is evil! we have not had the influx of cali reds migrating here YET to try and make another CA.

we have a popular bumper sticker around here that states"dont care how you did it in CA!" lol

you do run in to some intersting people out in the middle of nowhere!.

The west is awesome...I use to live in St George UT and would ride UT, AZ and NV all in one day....no one breaking your balls telling you your not aloud to ride...thats how it should be.

I was just told by the local police yesterday that "they know about me" and If I'm caught riding in the power lines (owned by power company) my bike will be impounded, I will be arrested and charged with criminal tresspassing....he even dropped the "homeland security" bomb on me :confused:

He also told me that all the other non-private land here on long island is owned by the county and you will receive heavy fines...they heave the right to impound your bike and arrest you too. :confused:

This is the same cop who pulled me over last week to inspect my bike B/C dirt bikes on the street are HIGHLY uncommon around here....he pulled me over while I was pulling into my driveway ....so they know where I live.

This place blows.... cant wait to leave. :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted October 10, 2007 - 09:29 AM

oh that is pretty shitty. that is as bad as CA. you are more than welcome to seek political asylum here in northern NV!:confused:

• Suikerland

Posted October 10, 2007 - 11:18 AM

back to the 140 thing.
If this XR has a stock speedometer (I dont know if US ones do) then its marked in KM. 140km/h is getting close to top crusing speed with stick gearing. Maybe thats what he meant.

• Maroast

Posted October 10, 2007 - 12:53 PM

back to the 140 thing.
If this XR has a stock speedometer (I dont know if US ones do) then its marked in KM. 140km/h is getting close to top crusing speed with stick gearing. Maybe thats what he meant.

there is no stock spedo on the US XR650R....only an odometer that goes up to 99.9miles....after 99.9 it just loops back to 0

• BBA

Posted October 10, 2007 - 02:46 PM

St.George is right up the road from our little Gold Mine we have. Just south of Mesquite is an exit called Bunkerville. If you take that to Gold Butte road and go about 50miles into the middle of nowhere and find the right wash you'll find the oddest thing. Cutthroat gold mine. Thats our escape from Vegas. Theres so much to ride and explore out there. Beautiful country with alot of history.

• martinfan30

Posted October 10, 2007 - 02:56 PM

St.George is right up the road from our little Gold Mine we have. Just south of Mesquite is an exit called Bunkerville. If you take that to Gold Butte road and go about 50miles into the middle of nowhere and find the right wash you'll find the oddest thing. Cutthroat gold mine. Thats our escape from Vegas. Theres so much to ride and explore out there. Beautiful country with alot of history.

that is my favorite part of living here. there are sooooo many places around like you just mentioned.

• mikenpalsie

Posted October 17, 2007 - 04:07 PM

I have a 2000 650r thats pretty much a stocker and in decent shape that I would sell you for 1,900.00 could send some pictures if interested. pretty sure it wont go 140 mph though, it is still a nice bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.