Clutch Perch Adjuster

3 replies to this topic
  • gdm

Posted October 07, 2007 - 07:34 PM

The clutch adjuster is frozen, the one with the rubber boot over it, on my 2005 450. It can be turned with pliers but it almost feels like it is stripped and does not help with the free play of the clutch. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Also what is the wire coming out of the clutch perch? Thanks in advance. :confused:

• Mutu

Posted October 08, 2007 - 03:11 PM

You can disassemble the clutch perch very easily. All the parts come apart.
My suggestion is you pull the clutch out, and use some WD40 or the likes to free it up.
I just had mine apart on the weekend when I lubed the cables. :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stickshift

Posted October 09, 2007 - 01:26 AM

The wire coming out of your clutch perch goes to the ignition wires behind the headlight - it is a safety cutout switch for the starter circuit. If you're not in neutral, the clutch has to be pulled in for the starter motor to engage. Try it and you'll see.

• gdm

Posted October 10, 2007 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the info. I took it apart as suggested and claened it up and it works as smooth as silk. :confused:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.