Which needle and pilot?

1 reply to this topic
  • tornado

Posted March 20, 2002 - 10:33 PM

Hi everyone, I am from Singapore and I believe the weather here is much more different than everyone else in the forum. The climate here is highly humid, about 30 degrees celsius throughout the year and the altitude is about sea-level. I have a '98 WR and wish to change to YZ timing and de-octopussed the carb. In fact I would like to change eveything to stock YZ settings but the problem is, I have read most of the articles regarding jetting posted in the forum, I am not sure if the DVR needle and sticking with 45 pilot will be just right for my climate. The forum recommends DVP needle and 48 pilot, I'm not sure if the climate at your country is too cold so you require to go richer or it bogs at the bottom whatever climate it is in.
Please help.

[ March 20, 2002: Message edited by: tornado ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted March 20, 2002 - 11:59 AM

the humidity will merely rob you of oxygen just like high altitude. so i would lean it right down. i wouldn't put a #48 PJ in mine now even if you were in timbuctoo!!!

try EMN or ELN needle and 35 PJ with 50/60 PAS.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.