08' YZ450F exhuast

9 replies to this topic
  • stroker101

Posted October 07, 2007 - 02:49 PM

hey fella's, i was looking for some optional slip-on exhuast's for my 08' YZ450F. i've seen where some are using the DRD exhuast and Pro-Circuit. what is the best exhuast for getting rid of the slow response off the bottom? thanks in advance for your help

• matts06yzf

Posted October 07, 2007 - 02:54 PM

Personal Pref. I love Dr D. Anything is alot beter than stock

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 07, 2007 - 03:24 PM

im runnin a carbon pro, i just repacked it. its pricey and i hate it.

• DPW

Posted October 07, 2007 - 05:35 PM

its pricey and i hate it.

why do you hate it?

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 07, 2007 - 05:47 PM

i have that thing packed every 3 months. and if the can was aluminum, i wouldnt have to worry about eff'n up the can. but this is what they gave me. im not gonna lie, it opened the bike up, but the maintaince on it is terrible

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted October 07, 2007 - 06:56 PM

i have that thing packed every 3 months. and if the can was aluminum, i wouldnt have to worry about eff'n up the can. but this is what they gave me. im not gonna lie, it opened the bike up, but the maintaince on it is terrible

Just got back from the races today. All i gotta say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 2 classes, 4 motos.....4 holeshots. My 08 is almost like CHEATING on the starts. I am very,very happy with this bike! I am running a pro circuit Ti-4 and used there recommended jetting they had for the 07. This thing flat out rips and i'm still grinnin ear to ear. I couldn't be more satisfied. Just for grins i also brought my 06 to compare some lap times.........because I THOUGHT,,,,,,,,,,,,, I would be just as fast on the 06....WRONG.......So anyway....Now i got a clean 06 for sale.:confused:

• msteele

Posted October 07, 2007 - 08:11 PM

I have a WB Carbo Pro pipe on my 06. I am assuming it wont fit the 08. Anyone know?

• matts06yzf

Posted October 08, 2007 - 05:36 AM

Just got back from the races today. All i gotta say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 2 classes, 4 motos.....4 holeshots. My 08 is almost like CHEATING on the starts. I am very,very happy with this bike! I am running a pro circuit Ti-4 and used there recommended jetting they had for the 07. This thing flat out rips and i'm still grinnin ear to ear. I couldn't be more satisfied. Just for grins i also brought my 06 to compare some lap times.........because I THOUGHT,,,,,,,,,,,,, I would be just as fast on the 06....WRONG.......So anyway....Now i got a clean 06 for sale.:confused:

I Am still crazy happy with the 08 as well. Once I get my suspension Back its on. My lap times where faster on stock 08 than heavaly modded 06 with suspension. If you think your 06 turns good ride the 08

• todds924

Posted October 08, 2007 - 09:05 AM

I have a WB Carbo Pro pipe on my 06. I am assuming it wont fit the 08. Anyone know?

It will fit.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2007 - 10:12 AM

The complete pipes fit fine. Slip-ons can be a problem if the header diameter is different.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.