threaded hot start nut

3 replies to this topic
  • char34

Posted October 07, 2007 - 07:33 AM

hello , just fooked the hot start plastic nut going into the carb, orderd a alloy nut , just wondering how to fit the new nut, any ideas, cheers:mad: :confused:

• tnl

Posted October 07, 2007 - 06:08 PM

Old one just slides right off with a little force.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Summit

Posted October 08, 2007 - 04:56 AM

I just put one on my 05 from Zipty racing. It goes on easy. The plunger just unhooks from the end of the cable and the old nut slides off the end and the new one slides on. Just make sure the plunger goes all the way down, mine was kind of sticky and I had to push it down with a stiff wire. You can tell by pulling the hot start lever to see if it feels right. The mechanic at the dealer messed mine up by trying to rotate the carb to put in a diffrent pilot jet, think they'd know better!!!

• char34

Posted October 08, 2007 - 09:18 AM

:confused: hope the thick so call mechanic paid, these nuts are a relly bad design, cheers for the help

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.