• weskc35k

Posted October 07, 2007 - 12:05 AM

That was going to dethrone big red.
www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217542&page=3
So they went bust instead.

• Descalzo

Posted October 07, 2007 - 01:47 AM

Bust? hmm... well, sold anyway.

I'd suggest the Husqvarna's going to be a bigger "threat" than ever with the deep pockets of BMW backing it up - the established, worldwide dealer network and a commitment/ownership from a mfg that claims to have a renewed interest in dual-sport/off road bikes.

I forsee Husky becoming the R&D arm of BMW's renewed off-road interest much like (exactly like) the KTM/Husaberg ownership/relationship - wanna see where KTM's going tommarrow? look at a Husaberg today. For example KTM's new 690 with all those new "innovative" features, which Husaberg's have had for a couple of years.

Could be wrong, been wrong before - but I think Husky's going to thrive under the Germans.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • weskc35k

Posted October 07, 2007 - 02:48 AM

I predict they'll go bust again and will have their debt sold off AGAIN and it will start over.

• AtomicGeo

Posted October 07, 2007 - 04:13 PM

Bust? hmm... well, sold anyway.

I'd suggest the Husqvarna's going to be a bigger "threat" than ever with the deep pockets of BMW backing it up - the established, worldwide dealer network and a commitment/ownership from a mfg that claims to have a renewed interest in dual-sport/off road bikes.

I forsee Husky becoming the R&D arm of BMW's renewed off-road interest much like (exactly like) the KTM/Husaberg ownership/relationship - wanna see where KTM's going tommarrow? look at a Husaberg today. For example KTM's new 690 with all those new "innovative" features, which Husaberg's have had for a couple of years.

Could be wrong, been wrong before - but I think Husky's going to thrive under the Germans.

I tend to agree with you here...I foresee BMW coming out with a Husky based bike to compete with KTM...The F650 Dakar is still not dirt enough. I think BME will take the Husky TE610 and put their logo on it.

Geo

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.