increase rebound dampening

2 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted October 06, 2007 - 08:05 PM

If I wanted to increase the rebound dampening to help my 2006 450f corner better what set of clickers would I mess with. What are the ones under the fork leg?

My suspension in the rear seems to bottom out when I seat bounce steep jump faces. How can I help this also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 07, 2007 - 06:49 AM

If I wanted to increase the rebound dampening to help my 2006 450f corner better what set of clickers would I mess with. What are the ones under the fork leg?

My suspension in the rear seems to bottom out when I seat bounce steep jump faces. How can I help this also.

Rebound clickers are at the bottom of the fork legs .....go in Clockwise the increase dampning out to decrease. Set on the Factory STD position according to your manual then increase or decrease by 1-3 at most

Bottoming out rear can be a few things...Has the sag been set for your weight? Again set the entire shock to Factory STD positions then adj - see your manual for these STD settings
increase compression dampning 2-4 clicks on the shock (top) Not High speed

• grayracer513

Posted October 07, 2007 - 07:43 AM

Rebound clickers are at the bottom of the fork legs .....go in Clockwise the increase dampning out to decrease. Set on the Factory STD position according to your manual then increase or decrease by 1-3 at most

Bottoming out rear can be a few things...Has the sag been set for your weight? Again set the entire shock to Factory STD positions then adj - see your manual for these STD settings
increase compression dampning 2-4 clicks on the shock (top) Not High speed

Ga has this right, top to bottom. The procedure is listed starting at 3-35 of your manual. Low speed compression at the shock (the clicker screw, not the nut) is what you want for control on jump faces.

Be careful adding rebound. Too much will make the bike corner worse. Read:

http://motoman393.th...suspension.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.