New ARC levers for the 08

6 replies to this topic
  • todds924

Posted October 06, 2007 - 05:34 PM

Just got a set of the new ARC levers for my 08....These levers are awesome! The craftsmanship is top shelf. I held a pair of them up against some bulky ASV's and its no comparison. I have used a set on my 06 and crashed many times with no ill effects. I would recommend these to anyone and you guys should really check them out, you won't be disappointed.

• grayracer513

Posted October 07, 2007 - 07:23 AM

If I had had to pay retail for the ASV's I bought for both of my bikes some time ago, I would have considered ARC's. They're a very nice piece of work. But I got my ASV's from their refurbished levers "store" on eBay for less than half price.

The bulk thing is a matter of taste and preference. That's not to diminish it, it's just a fact. I actually like the feel of the ASV's vs. the slimmer stock levers.

• CRF250dude26

Posted October 07, 2007 - 02:19 PM

Just got a set of the new ARC levers for my 08....These levers are awesome! The craftsmanship is top shelf. I held a pair of them up against some bulky ASV's and its no comparison. I have used a set on my 06 and crashed many times with no ill effects. I would recommend these to anyone and you guys should really check them out, you won't be disappointed.

I have some and I love them, the clutch pull is way better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted October 07, 2007 - 03:17 PM

the arc levers by theirselves are only about 35-40 dollars a piece. thats 5 clutch and 4 brakes levers at the dealer.

• todds924

Posted October 08, 2007 - 09:19 AM

If I had had to pay retail for the ASV's I bought for both of my bikes some time ago, I would have considered ARC's. They're a very nice piece of work. But I got my ASV's from their refurbished levers "store" on eBay for less than half price.

The bulk thing is a matter of taste and preference. That's not to diminish it, it's just a fact. I actually like the feel of the ASV's vs. the slimmer stock levers.

I was really refering to the quality of the two if you look at them side by side.
I guess it does boil down to personal preferance....What did you give for the refurbished levers if you don't mind me asking? That would be a deal maker for sure.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2007 - 10:24 AM

I was really refering to the quality of the two if you look at them side by side.
I guess it does boil down to personal preferance....What did you give for the refurbished levers if you don't mind me asking? That would be a deal maker for sure.

They are sold at auction on eBay by ASV themselves, and as I recall, I paid $28, $37, $34, and $54 for two brake levers, one clutch lever (blade only), and one complete clutch perch w/hot start, all C5's. Also bought a rotator for the brake cylinder.

When you say quality, I think you must be saying that the ARC's have a more finished appearance, whereas the ASV's have the look of a CNC'd part fresh off the mill. True quality, IMO, is things like fit, precision of manufacture, choice of materials, and function, and finish only enters into it if that's one of the things you expect from the deal. From that standpoint, ARC's may be as good as ASV's but probably not better.

• todds924

Posted October 08, 2007 - 11:26 AM

They are sold at auction on eBay by ASV themselves, and as I recall, I paid $28, $37, $34, and $54 for two brake levers, one clutch lever (blade only), and one complete clutch perch w/hot start, all C5's. Also bought a rotator for the brake cylinder.

When you say quality, I think you must be saying that the ARC's have a more finished appearance, whereas the ASV's have the look of a CNC'd part fresh off the mill. True quality, IMO, is things like fit, precision of manufacture, choice of materials, and function, and finish only enters into it if that's one of the things you expect from the deal. From that standpoint, ARC's may be as good as ASV's but probably not better.

The two guys who started ASV split. One makes the ASV's, one makes the ARC's. It's funny that you mention "cnc'd" fresh part". The Arc's i have on my 06 are fully Cnc'd- blade and pivot...Where as the ones i just got for the 08 are cnc'd on the pivot only... The new ones are also "ARC" only, Not "Sunline ARC". Guess that guy split with Sunline. Who knows?????? They are both awesome products.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.