Mods for better performance

9 replies to this topic
  • TheBoss

Posted October 05, 2007 - 04:06 PM

What r some good mods for a 2007 xr650l other than these. Im doing a airbox mod on it. Then im puting dual sport tires. What is the difference between the white bros XRC and white bros E2. Would a new carb be good. if so what size would i need to get. is Pro honda GN4 10 W30 oil ok to use in the bike. I bought it from rockymountain by mistake. Would a suspension up grade help on the handling. I will be riding 56% dirt and 44% street. Also would a plastic gas tank help to lighten the bike up some. If not what r some other things that i can take off so the bike can be lighter. :confused: :confused:

• cleonard

Posted October 05, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Have you done Dave's mods to the carb?

The oil should work, but I would run something thicker for the long term.

• machman

Posted October 05, 2007 - 04:25 PM

There's a bunch of posts on this already, just look around

• husky123

Posted October 05, 2007 - 04:29 PM

What r some good mods for a 2007 xr650l other than these. Im doing a airbox mod on it. Then im puting dual sport tires. What is the difference between the white bros XRC and white bros E2. Would a new carb be good. if so what size would i need to get. is Pro honda GN4 10 W30 oil ok to use in the bike. I bought it from rockymountain by mistake. Would a suspension up grade help on the handling. I will be riding 56% dirt and 44% street. Also would a plastic gas tank help to lighten the bike up some. If not what r some other things that i can take off so the bike can be lighter. :confused: :confused:

56/44 huh:bonk:

• TheBoss

Posted October 05, 2007 - 05:09 PM

i will be riding dirt more than street. what is the dave's mods 4 the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heavyhitter

Posted October 05, 2007 - 05:20 PM

[quote name=' I will be riding 56% dirt and 44% street. [/QUOTE']

Sorry but :confused:

Welcome aboard search and ye shall find, all the answers to your question lie within.

• Denn10

Posted October 09, 2007 - 10:17 AM

http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/
heres the page with pics for carb mods search for stuff u wanna know im 99% sure its been asked before alot of good stuff

• martinfan30

Posted October 09, 2007 - 10:20 AM

+1 on the search, you will be amazed at how much comes up. the xrc is the newer one. i have the e2 and am happy with it. the xrc is very long.

• Denn10

Posted October 09, 2007 - 02:39 PM

i have an E2 on my 400EX quad and i like it alot , if my bike didnt have a E-Series Disc when i bought it i would have bought an E2

• martinfan30

Posted October 09, 2007 - 02:44 PM

the e series is a great muffler too. just dont make em now. they do like to burn the turn sig. though. unless like huffa did and made a relo. bracket.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.