Let's hear it for the 08's!

5 replies to this topic
  • YZF831

Posted October 05, 2007 - 02:35 PM

So I was thinking that by now quit a few people have 08 450's and there has been many threads with mixed reviews and plenty of contraversal comments so why not make a thread for the ones who love what they have and tell everyone why. I'll go-
On the first ride I lasted so much longer because of the smooth power and I was looking forward to every corner on the track, this thing turns on a dime and I didn't have one complaint on the box stock suspension. The list goes on and on...anyone else?:confused:

• Dirtbiker05

Posted October 05, 2007 - 03:38 PM

Man i love my 08! I love the power delivery, very controlable. Only a few weeks after i got it i could start to wheelie in 1st and end up doing 90-100km/h in fifth. Handling is awesome, i can now hook a U turn with out having to put my foot down. Brakes are amazing, all the stopping power you'd ever need (and a bit more :confused:) Can't wait to go for a run in the morning!! :confused:

• YZF831

Posted October 05, 2007 - 04:38 PM

Man i love my 08! I love the power delivery, very controlable. Only a few weeks after i got it i could start to wheelie in 1st and end up doing 90-100km/h in fifth. Handling is awesome, i can now hook a U turn with out having to put my foot down. Brakes are amazing, all the stopping power you'd ever need (and a bit more :confused:) Can't wait to go for a run in the morning!! :confused:

Awesome man! I love the brakes too, I had an oversized front brake rotor on my 06 and was tempted to put it on the 08 but I decided not to, plenty there to stop me already. You have a white one too? They look so clean but I plan on a extra set of blue plastic and graphics(winter project.)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtbiker05

Posted October 06, 2007 - 04:08 AM

You have a white one too? They look so clean but I plan on a extra set of blue plastic and graphics(winter project.)

yea i have the white one. i find it hard to keep it looking clean for long cuz i got leather on the inside of my pants that rubs off of the radiator shrouds and makes them a light brown. but goo gone cleans it up pretty easy. dont get me wrong im not complaining, i love the white and putting a set of blue plastics on it would look pretty cool too with the red shock spring. post a pic when u get it finished all blue. cheers :confused:

• stroker101

Posted October 07, 2007 - 02:59 PM

bought 1 last week(white) this thing turns really nice. you can definitly carry more corner speed becuase of it's ability to stay where you steer it. way better than my 06 w. applied clamps. totally amazing...lol. the only problem for me right now is the soft hit off the bottom. my 06' comes alive a lot sooner. may need a pipe on this thing, soon. other than that, yamaha did their homework on this machine.

• Hcor

Posted October 07, 2007 - 06:38 PM

I love my 08. The transition from my 250f was fairly easy due to the power delivery on this thing. When you twist it back tho...motor city. Lots of power when I want it. Turns great and feels good in the air. I have been working on getting the stock suspenders dialed but cannot find a happy medium. Im about 185, and the ride is rather harsh for me. I'm feeling the bumps and chop way too much. After much testing with the clickers I decided to send it out to FC. The stock suspension is still way better than most new bikes. The cockpit fits me to a T and the lower and wider foot pegs are awesome. Might go up a tooth on the back sprocket, other than that its ready to rock stock. Im stoked on the 08, feels very comfortable and inspires confidence. I cant wait to get the susp back, its gonna be Sick!!!

2nd day out on my 08:
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.