How much bike life to expect?

7 replies to this topic
  • xarhtna

Posted October 05, 2007 - 05:38 AM

How many km's or mi's should i expect to put on a new 650L ?

Thanks

• Motosprtman

Posted October 05, 2007 - 05:45 AM

IF you change the oil often and keep a fresh air filter in it along -
with not taking it to redline between each shift everytime you ride it, it will outlast you.

• heavyhitter

Posted October 05, 2007 - 06:22 AM

13,000 miles and going strong

• martinfan30

Posted October 05, 2007 - 06:47 AM

depends on your maintenance and the mods and how its ridden. they are extremely solid when stock and ridden conservatively.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motosprtman

Posted October 05, 2007 - 08:39 AM

the uncorking mods won't hurt anything and in fact will give it improved longevity I would think due to the fact that they run cooler. I think Martinfan is talking about other mods like cams etc that boost engine performance but may decrease longevity, anytime something gets "hopped up" you loose reliability over stock.

• martinfan30

Posted October 05, 2007 - 09:17 AM

the uncorking mods won't hurt anything and in fact will give it improved longevity I would think due to the fact that they run cooler. I think Martinfan is talking about other mods like cams etc that boost engine performance but may decrease longevity, anytime something gets "hopped up" you loose reliability over stock.

you are right moto!:confused:

• jclaus98

Posted October 05, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Seriously, my '93 xr600r, which is basically the same engine has had nothing mechanically done to it save for regular oil and air filter changes, and doesn't so much as burn oil. Decade and a half old engine without so much as ring burn...it will most definitely outlast me.

• cleonard

Posted October 05, 2007 - 10:34 PM

I got my 93 XR600 in 2000. I must have at least 20,000 hard miles on it since then. Who knows how many miles between 1993 and 2000? I did have to have some head work, new rings, and a gear in the tranny.

I have a stong feeling that most of my issues were due to some bad overheating.

I've heard of XR650L's doing 50,000 or more miles before any work.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.