James Dean please help!

3 replies to this topic
  • ENGMEDIC19

Posted March 19, 2002 - 06:04 PM

James I am new to the posting thing. I have read several posts on BK mod and jetting. My jetting is the following in my signature, I have no clue what the stock MAJ, PAJ,and Needle Jet numbers are as they are not listed in my manual. I also have the EJP needle. Should I use it or the stock needle. The bike runs well the way it is but I am not sure if I need to change the MAJ,PAJ,and Needle Jet? How much will all these settings change with the BK mode? I live and ride in the Calif. desert 2000 to 4000 feet. Any help would be appreciated.

• James_Dean

Posted March 19, 2002 - 08:04 PM

ENGMEDIC19,

You have the YZ426 needle, try it. It will change the power delivery and deserves the time spent to see it work.

Leave everything as-is except the needle and main jet. EJP#4 (middle clip) and #165 main.

The increases will be at mid-throttle (1/3-2/3) and you will feel the surge rolling it on.

James

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ENGMEDIC19

Posted March 20, 2002 - 12:40 PM

Thanks JD. I will try the needle and smaller main. Will everything stay the same with the BK mod?

• James_Dean

Posted March 20, 2002 - 06:27 PM

Use the same setting with or without the BK Mod in this case. EJP is a needle that will be a good starting point either way in clip #4.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.