Will I die if I mount the throttle like this?

12 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted October 03, 2007 - 05:35 PM

:confused: Maybe a stupid question but will this cause any problems? I got a new pair of bar adapters and new bars and this is the only way I could mount it that the cables would reach.

Posted Image

• NavyNuke

Posted October 03, 2007 - 05:54 PM

if the cables don't bind up anywhere in the steering range, you should be good. may have to rotate your grip to get it at your prefered angle, but thats it

• crooks420

Posted October 03, 2007 - 06:00 PM

No.... I dont think the throttle housing position will kill you......

Jesse

• NavyNuke

Posted October 03, 2007 - 06:48 PM

you never know, could become disturbed and posessed from being upside down too long, then jump off the bar when he crashes, wrap the throttle cables around his neck, and choke him. but then again, I might have had too many before I came to work, and am just having a bad trip.

you decide

• Britincali

Posted October 03, 2007 - 08:10 PM

you never know, could become disturbed and posessed from being upside down too long, then jump off the bar when he crashes, wrap the throttle cables around his neck, and choke him. but then again, I might have had too many before I came to work, and am just having a bad trip.

you decide

:applause: :applause: :applause: :smirk: :smirk: :confused: :confused:

Thats some funny shit man!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

• ncampion

Posted October 04, 2007 - 06:03 AM

Had mine like that for a couple of years before I finally got a longer pair. No sweat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markturbo

Posted October 04, 2007 - 06:12 AM

lol Thanks for the feed back guys

• esbotto

Posted October 04, 2007 - 07:13 AM

They're routed that way on most street bikes so it may think it's a street bike and try to lead you to the pavement while you're off-road.

• bandit99

Posted October 04, 2007 - 08:36 AM

I think they are routed over the top because you are less likely to break them if the bike falls on it's side and hits a rock. It is no big deal because if they were on top and you loop the bike they will break.

• 06crf_er

Posted October 04, 2007 - 08:39 AM

You're not dead yet? It let you take its picture like that? Sleep with your eyes open man...you're :confused: :confused:

It should be fine:thumbsup:

• Morty

Posted October 04, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Before you get on it, start it and make sure the throttle isnt gonna stick wide open when you turn the bars back and forth all the way side to side, if it doesnt rev up or stick wide open you probably wont die from that. Eventually we all die just make sure it is something you cant prevent and enjoy life!

• Gadsen

Posted October 04, 2007 - 08:49 PM

I see no problems at all.

• bottomfeeder2

Posted October 05, 2007 - 09:31 PM

As long as those two white wires forming the "V" don't come undone, you should be in good shape.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.