XR650L Big Bog Problem

4 replies to this topic
  • Whiteman

Posted October 03, 2007 - 05:03 AM

I replaced the springs on my XRL and had to remove the air box to get the rear spring replaced. After putting everything back together I now have a really bad bog off idol but once I get going in it runs fine. The bog is only just off idol so I am thinking I have a clogged pilot jet.

I will be digging into this problem tonight and wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas of what I may have missed when putting the air box back on.

• martinfan30

Posted October 03, 2007 - 06:34 AM

I replaced the springs on my XRL and had to remove the air box to get the rear spring replaced. After putting everything back together I now have a really bad bog off idol but once I get going in it runs fine. The bog is only just off idol so I am thinking I have a clogged pilot jet.

I will be digging into this problem tonight and wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas of what I may have missed when putting the air box back on.

i would say something got loose and went into the carb and pluggged the pilot circuit someway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted October 03, 2007 - 07:15 AM

you post i post twice LOL

WHITE thats one of those damn gremlins getting in when you had it apart, they just chap my azz. Id say maybe you need to take the carb off and clean it prolly. SUCKS i know there not easy like a MX bike where you can take the subframe off in 10 mins and have a clear shot to the carb.

• timothys

Posted October 03, 2007 - 12:29 PM

check if you are getting a air leak around the carb spray some wd-40
with the bike running around the clamps you may have the carb cocked
a little sideways

• Whiteman

Posted October 03, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Thanks guys. I am sure it is something simple. Just have to find it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.